Bienvenue à la classe de Mme. Wahl. Je suis très contente que vous soyez ici ! Welcome to Mrs. Wahl’s class ! I am so happy you’re here!
French 2 continues to develop basic concepts in French language and culture including French pronunciation, grammar, and culture. Students will enhance and further develop their use of French a balanced development of all four skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The importance of communication and cultural awareness is stressed through a wide variety of activities (group/pair work, video, audio recordings, computer assignments, etc.). This course is designed for students with one year of study of French language.
At the completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
1. Communicate in French orally and in writing about everyday situations in the present and the past such as school, food, time, weather, etc;
2. Comprehend both written and spoken language about everyday situations in the present and the past such as school, food, time, weather, etc;
3. Demonstrate a basic understanding of French spelling, pronunciation, and elementary French grammar;
4. Express knowledge of the francophone world including French geography, history, and daily life;
5. Connect French studies with other subjects studied at Kenston High School and found in the world around them;
6. Illustrate similarities and differences between the French and American cultures.
CHRONOLOGIE (timeline) What we will cover in class.
– Review of French 1
– Passé composé and new grammatical concepts and how to ask questions. (What did you do one time in the past?)
– Reflexive Verbs in the Present and in the past (What you can do for yourself?)
– The imperfect tense and timeframe words to determine when to use it. (What you used to do?)
– Travel Project on a French Province (Putting it all together) How do you say you’re traveling in,to or from a country.
– Future tense (What will you do in the future?)