French 4 Syllabus – Français 4
Bienvenue à la classe de Mme. Wahl. Je suis très contente que vous soyez ici !
Welcome to Mrs. Wahl’s class! I am so happy you’re here!
French 4 continues to develop more complex concepts in French language and culture including French pronunciation, grammar, and culture. Students will enhance and further develop their use of French a balanced development of all four skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The importance of communication and cultural awareness is stressed through a wide variety of activities (group/pair work, video, audio recordings, computer assignments, etc.). This course is designed for students with one year of study of French language.
At the completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- Communicate in French orally and in writing about everyday situations in the present, past, future and conditional tense, compound tenses and subjunctive mood in a variety of subject areas.
- Comprehend both written and spoken language about everyday situations in the present, past, future and conditional tenses, compound tenses, and the subjunctive mood in a variety of subject areas.
- Demonstrate an understanding of French spelling, pronunciation, and intermediate French grammar.
- Express knowledge of the francophone world including French geography, history, and daily life.
- Connect French studies with other subjects studied at Kenston High School and found in the world around them.
- Illustrate similarities and differences between the French and American cultures.
CHRONOLOGIE (timeline) What we will cover in class.
~ Review of French 3
~ French History and current events
~ Compound tenses: Plu-perfect, past conditional, future anterior
~ Read the play Drôle de mission and the book Le Petit Prince
~ Gain a facility in speaking, reading, writing and understanding French